25.5.05

OMG you must be dying!

Ok, so working in the healthcare field is great, but I went from dealing with cancer patients to hearing about freakish ways that people died.

This has changed me. Before I did any of these jobs when someone got sick I would say, oh it's just a cold, or oh, it's just a bug bite. But now I think it must be the worst. I'm not thinking they're going to die, but it's never the easy way out anymore. Now, for example, my brother's neck/chin area is swollen. My mother told him to take some benadryl it's probably a bug bite. My first thought is, it could be your thyroid enflamed you should go to the doctor.

I'm suddenly like that little kid in Kindergarden Cop "maybe it's a tumor". People don't need to go on to WebMD to find out what could possibly be wrong with them, if they want to fear the worst they should just come talk to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home