14.12.05

Merry "Christ"mas

Have you seen all the stuff about how saying Happy Holidays is wrong? So stupid, everyone can celebrate their own holiday. I hate religion, why can't everyone just agree to disagree. If you don't like Happy Holidays go buy your cards at a Christian store. Vent over.

We got our Christmas Tree on Monday night. Now, you have to understand, my entire life when we went to get our Christmas tree we would go to a "tree farm". We would wander around amongst the trees and find the perfect tree. Sometimes we would bicker about the type of tree, sometimes we would end up (after 2 hours) thinking that the first tree we saw was perfect. I will never forget my mom standing next to trees in the cold with her arm up in the air to see if the tree was too tall. If it was taller than her arm the angel wouldn't fit on top.

My first real tree after college, was bought at Home Depot. I'm not proud of this, but we didn't know where else to go. See I live in an "urban" area now, so there are no tree farms. We get there and the trees are already wrapped up, how are you supposed to tell if the tree will look right in your house? Well, we got a tree, and it's ghetto. There are holes and it's too narrow, but I love that tree anyway.

Next: Has anyone ever asked you if you were doing a "themed" Christmas? My neighbor asked me, and all I could think was, "Isn't Christmas the theme?". Apparently not, I guess some people decorate for the holidays in special colors, not just red and green. I guess I'm an old fashioned gal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home