29.9.05

Turning Time

It's funny the way time works. When I was younger and we talked about people that were born in the 1880's I thought wow, it must have been cool to live through the turn of the century. But now that's me, I'm living through that, actually through the millennium, and you know what? It wasn't all that impressive.

To me there's something different about the few decades before and after the century turns. I have friends getting married this year, and some day someone could hear they got married in 2005 and think wow, that was such a long time ago, things were so different. That's what I used to think.

But then again, there were so many more changes made when the century turned last time, they got running water and electricity and movies and talkies and color pictures. Seeing those things must have been amazing. Everything we see now seems to be an improvement on things we already have. We have computers, but now we make adjustments and changes.

I guess one of the things I'll have when I get older will be the ability to say "when I was a kid we had to listen to music and watch movies on tape, and if you weren't careful you could ruin the tape, pull it out or it could melt". But I'll never get to use the one my dad had, he had to walk to school and his elementary school was only one room!

I just told one of my friend's how it's funny that the SAT's changed, my score now sounds really pathetic b/c it's on a different scale.

Time amazes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home