5.7.05

bunny heaven

My bunny died today. He was almost 3. Scott and I came home last night and he was laying on the floor despondent. We couldn't get him to move. We took him to the emergency vet right then. They did x-rays, and found that he had sandy granules (calcium deposits) in his bladder. This caused the rest of his body to not function correctly. They were worried there was urine in his abdomin, but there wasn't so we were going ahead with surgery today.

The doctor called at 7:15 to tell us that he didn't have a good night and wouldn't be a good candidate for surgery anymore, if we wanted to see him we had to go then. We tried to leave, but the doc called back 10 minutes later and said George had just passed away.

Now we have to go get Maude checked out to make sure she's ok. She's very confused b/c George is gone. They were bonded.

I miss my bunny. He was a great little man. You'd always find him sitting on the couch checking things out. He went back in his cage when you wanted him to. He chewed mine (and some of my friend's shoes) but I forgave him. He was great.

RIP George Killer Bojangles, we miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home